|Posted by [email protected] on October 4, 2015 at 11:40 AM|
Had an endorsement interview with TIGAR (The Inland Gateway Empire Association of Realtors). Although I am not taking any donations or listing any endorsements I still obliged them and went through their interview process and happy to do so as a learning / sharing experience.
Met a few residents to discuss their building permit issues.
Then spent time delivering yard signs to supporters.
Took the day off from campaigning.
Spent the afternoon with my son at DMV and supporting him on getting his driver’s license.
Then went to City Hall for the Planning Commission meeting. I feel it is necessary to watch how our commissions work and have an understanding of the codes and how it is applied.
Attended the Norco Area Chamber of Commerce candidate forum. I felt it was very well organized and very thought out questions. Candidates were asked approx. 14 questions in a 2 hour time span on such issues as:
1. Business Retention and Growth in Norco
2. TOT tax and if candidates supported it
3, 15 fwy Fast track and impact on Norco
4. City of Norco business friendly or not
5. Measure L issue
6. Reclaimed water and impact on State water conservation mandate
7. What each Candidate secret service name would be (not a serious question but added humor and made candidates think and be creative)
8. Support for Norco's senior citizens
9. Support the opening or permanent closure of Corona Ave
10. Possible closure of the CRC (Prison)
11. If candidates would consider themselves as a role model
12. Retail district on Old Hamner and Hamner Ave (support it or not)
13. Traffic issues at our local schools
14. Project or Cause that is close to each candidate’s heart
I really felt good after this forum and the amount of feedback I received form residents. I will post the link to the video once it is released so you can see how each candidate answered each question. A stra poll was also taken but results have not been released yet.
Took the day off and went to Palm Springs to spend time with my family.
Spent the day walking the neighborhood behind the Navy Base meeting residents.
Raining off and on but still going to try and get out to meet residents.